New organisation ~ Growing site ~ Relevant support ideas and links welcome.
See Vegan Society - https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/nutrition-and-health/life-stages
* https://isitvegan.net/ - app for using in supermarkets
* Happy bunny app - provides a list of companies that are officially cruelty-free and a bar code scanner
* Alcoholic drink vegan checklist - also available as an app
* Excellent overview from Animal Aid with non vegan ingredients and alternatives
* Palm oil can take many names as this site rather scarily confirms - if in doubt best to contact the manufacturer
* Suppliers who have said they are members of the roundtable on sustainable palm oil (RSPO) and ensure that their suppliers are also members -
Jus Roll pastry
* Tip - ring ahead and pre-warn the chef
* Tip - nothing vegan on the menu - ask for e stir fried veg with rice or a vegetarian dish minus the cheese
Finding local restaurants :
* Happy cow www.happycow.net app also available
* www.peta.org.uk/blog/vegan-guide - then add place name
Coming soon - Burger King testing a vegan burger in the states- watch this space!
Tips welcome for good vegan fast food.