New organisation ~ Growing site ~ Relevant support ideas and links welcome.
Downloads - for booklets, posters self coaching form etc click here
Want to be trained to do be an effective activist ?
Animal Aid run Activist Workshops www.animalaid.org.uk
Consumer power -
Founder Jane is a qualified coach. She recommends asking yourself the following questions using her copyright model BEING ©
B - base - where am I now on my journey ?
E - envisage where you want to be - make this an inspirational picture,
imagine congratulating yourself or others congratulating you on your
I - why is achieving this important to you ? How will you feel when you get
there ? What can you do to keep yourself motivated ?
N - next steps - what steps might help you make this journey ?
G - which of these potential steps are you going to do ? Which ones (s) can
you do today ?
We are looking at offering coaching services in the future.
Information - Animal Aid
Founder Jane had a rat in her loft. John Bryant gave advice that was simple to do and it worked. 1 week later the rat had left of it's own accord and Jane was left with a rat free loft and a clear conscience!
Sadly John passed away in 2020 but Humane Wildlife Solutions offer the same cruelty free approach https://humanewildlifesolutions.co.uk/
* Facebook group - Journey to zero waste
* Energy - turn off lights and equipment when not in use, use LED lights (see information section)
* Plastic - lots of alternatives out there - this website has lots of good ideas www.trashplastic.com
* Litter - take it home and recycle it. Left litter causes lots of injuries to animals . The RSPCA gets 14 calls a day for litter related animal suffering. www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/litter
* Crisp packet recycling - https://www.terracycle.com
Ideas available on this website